While you may have only been considering Manhattan properties in your retail space search, Downtown Brooklyn may be exactly what you are looking for. Formerly an Independence Savings Bank, the space for lease is 226 Atlantic Avenue at Court Street. Check out these reasons why you should take a look:
10. Trader Joe’s. A less stressful version of the Union Square grocery, you can buy organic products on a budget, and it’s located right across the street from 226 Atlantic Avenue.
9. Brooklyn Ballet. A recent addition to the performing arts community, this is a professional not-for-profit dance company that offers a variety of dance classes, including ballet, jazz, and hip-hop.
8. Great neighbors. Downtown Brooklyn is the third largest business district in NYC. There is no doubt that you will get business with the area’s heavy foot traffic.
7. Columbus Park. The New York Daily News called it “an outdoor oasis… the place to be.” The park is a perfect lunch spot with 22 new movable bistro-style tables and 82 chairs.
6. A new and improved Fulton Street. Currently undergoing renovations, the street will soon include new sidewalks, streetlights, bus shelters, and The Fulton Mall.
5. Unique Thrift. A new consignment shop on Fulton Street providing shoppers with stylish and low priced vintage finds.
4. Green Brooklyn… Green City 2009. An environmental conference on September 24th, participants are invited to make art from recycled products, attend free workshops, and learn about creating a more sustainable future.
3. Sidewalk SalesDays. Downtown Brooklyn has obtained permits for store owners to display and sell merchandise outside on certain dates. The events also include live music! Check it out on Friday, October 9th.
2. Brooklyn Book Festival. An all day event on September 13th at Borough Hall Plaza featuring programming from New York Comic Con and over 200 authors.
1. Family Owned Businesses. The family-run small businesses are what gives Downtown Brooklyn its neighborhood feel. A few of these small businesses include Concord Market, Sid’s Hardware, Bridge Cleaners, and Claro Shoes.
Interested? Call 212-213-6480 for leasing information.